The Finnish Institute in the Middle East carries out research on Middle Eastern languages, cultures and societies, and organises courses, seminars and conferences. The institute aims to promote Finnish academic research concerning on the Middle East and to develop and foster co-operation between universities, research institutes and cultural organizations.
- Call for papers: Fifth Finnish Colloquium of Middle East and North African Studies, 29-31.5.2017, Joensuu
- Guest lecture 18.5. in Helsinki: Turkey under the AKP
- Levant Letters: Riina Keto-Tokoi: Islam Unfettered, Control Retained – The 2012 Educational Reform in Turkey
- Conference in Helsinki: Animals in Mesopotamia: their relation to gods, humans and things
- Seminar in Cairo: Euro-Mediterranean Refugee and Migration Crisis: Magnitude and European Response